Education To All-
Education should build ethics in individuals and capital for the nation. The current system is mainly focusing on producing bureaucrats for governments, science graduates for foreign universities, engineers for foreign companies, and highly paid managers for MNCs. So what is required to be done is work in these areas so that the system builds citizens who build wealth for the nation.
In the past few years, we have witnessed a rise in enrolment at all the stages of education, a decline in dropout rates, a move towards gender parity, a substantial increase in the number of teachers in all types of institutions and a considerable expansion in the number and spread of educational institutions. However, a lot needs to be done to bring in large number of people who are left behind due to various reasons.
There will have to be a thrust towards 'Education for All', along with a marked improvement in the access and quality of secondary and higher education. This assumes greater significance in the context of the ever-increasing demand for education, the opening up of the economy and the emergence of our nation as a major economic superpower. The momentum gathered in the preceding decade is to be continued with higher allocations to different sectors so that the goals are achieved. All this underlines the need for a quantum jump in the financial allocations for secondary and higher education which we intend to facilitate.
The thrust areas for educational development from the Humans Care And Development Society includes the following :
1. Raising the quality of education at all levels.
2. Improving learner achievement.
3. Upliftment of the educational status of disadvantaged groups.
4. Removing of regional disparities through capacity building efforts in rural education
system to bring in left out populations in the society.
5. Continuous revision of curricula to meet the emerging challenges.
6. Environmental awareness and Health Care education.
7. Empowering farmers through training and counseling.
8. Support for development of centers of excellence at the tertiary level